Sysadmin Academy offers RHCE Training in Chennai on the latest Red hat Enterprise Linux 7...
Linux Shell/Perl Scripting, Unix Linux
Shell Scripting Training
Shell Scripting Training in Chennai
Overview of Unix/Linux Operating System
OS and Shell Identification:
- version, builds, vendors, etc
Introduction to File System and Unix Command Pipeline:
- Navigating file system.
- Relative paths, Absolute Paths.
- SHELL: Introduction to shell variables: using/creating env variables for most used directory paths.
- Detecting all the disks, used/available space and their mounted directory structure.
- Overveiw of standard Linux directory structure
- Difference between Windows and Unix Disk to Directory Structure mapping and the implications.
- Redirecting command outputs to files and intermediate files
- Finding commands, detecting type of commands, getting help for commands
- type, which, man, apropos, info, whatis, alias (read only)
File and Directory handling:
- Reading/Viewing files
- Copying, moving and deleting files, directories and directory hierarchies.
- Listing, and handling files, directories using wildcard characters
- Searching for files and directories by name and other parameters
- find size of files and directories and largest files and directories in specific directories or in the whole filesystem
- File Permissions
- Changing Read/Write/Execute Permissions
- Changing Permissions to Execute As Owner
- Changing file/directory ownership, super user concept
- Soft linking files and directories
Monitoring and Controlling Processes:
- Overview of Linux Process and Linux Thread
- Finding and Monitoring processes
- Stopping and running multiple processes
- Executing long running (server) commands
Simple utility commands:
- Standard Utility commands
- Writing and Executing Shell Scripts
- Using, echoing and assigning to environment variables, local variables
- Arithmetic Expressions and Test Expressions
- Logic Flow: if, for, while, until, loop control
- Menu for interactive selection, case statements, parsing command line parameters
- Functions, Interrupt Handling
VI, awk, sed:
- vi editor
- Most common uses of awk
- Most common uses of sed
Perl Scripting for SysAdmins and DevOps:
- Overview and background of Perl
- Create and execute Perl Scripts.
- Perl data types, operators and control flow
- Perl pattern matching and its every day uses
- Perl Subroutines and modules
- Installing and using existing Perl Modules
System Administration Tasks using Perl
- Filtering and transforming command outputs using pattern matching
- Perl DBI - DataBase Interface
- Parsing and analyzing log files