Core Java 8 (JavaSE):
- Basic Java
- Types, Control Flow, Classes, Objects, Interfaces, Exceptions
- Java 5+ features - Annotations and Generics, Generic Collections
- Java 8 Lambdas and Streams
- Concurrency, Threads and Executors (Thread Pools)
- SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE Queries
- Prepared Statements and Secure SQL Coding
- Advanced JDBC Performance Optimization
- Basic RDBMS and SQL Concepts (using MySQL or Maria DB)
- Tables, Views, Transactions, Isolation Levels, Locking, Entity Relationships
- SELECT INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, JOIN, LEFT JOIN, etc
- Primary Key, Foreign Key, Constraints, Indexes
- Introduction to JUnit for development unit testing.
- At least 25% of the hands on demos will be in JUnit.
- Purpose of development unit testing and its importance in large scale applications.
- Unit testing POJO Services and REST services from JUnit (JavaSE).